Cén fáth Éire
Ireland is a hotbed of entrepreneurship and international business and as a committed member of the EU Single Market and the Eurozone, is a great place to work and live.
As a country with strong entrepreneurial spirits, there are many benefits to starting your business here in Ireland.
Key reasons to start your business in Ireland:
- Access to a young, highly educated and highly skilled workforce- Ireland has one of the most educated workforces in the world. The share of 30-34 year olds in Ireland with a third level qualification is 53.5%, compared to an EU average of 40%. (CSO, 2016)
- Vibrant venture capital community for companies located in Ireland
- Location, location, location – a key gateway to Europe, Middle East and the Americas. Ireland also has extensive transport links to Europe and the rest of the world.
- Extremely attractive cost base
- Great quality of life
- Ireland is home to world leading, established companies and also to high growth companies that will shape the economy of the future.
- Ireland has planned investments of €116 billion in public infrastructure and capital works under the National Development Plan 2018-2027.
The Irish start-up landscape is enriched by many sources of start-up support, both financial and non-financial. Please see our online support tool to see what supports are available to your business.