IE Paying Taxes

Tax on income that you earn from employment is deducted from your wages by your employer on behalf of the Irish Government. This is known as Pay As You Earn (PAYE). The amount of tax that you pay depends on the amount of the income that you earn and on your personal circumstances.

PPSN- Personal Public Service Number

You must have a PPSN (Personal Public Service Number) to register for tax. The PPSN is allocated by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Appointments to apply for a PPSN can be made through their website, MyWelfare.

Registering to Pay Tax

Service providers can register for tax online. You can manage your registrations through Revenue's eRegistration facility. You can register for Income Tax (IT) on myAccount through 'Manage my Record' and 'Tax Registrations'. You will then be able to register for any other tax that you need to, such as;

  • Income Tax
  • Corporation Tax
  • Employer Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
  • Environmental Levy (on plastic bags)
  • Value-Added Tax (VAT)
  • Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT). (Relevant to certain contractors in the construction industry)


Contact Details:

You can find Revenue contact details for your region here.