Our website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to collect information about how you use this site to improve our service to you. By not accepting cookies some elements of the site, such as video, will not work. Please visit our Cookie Policy page for more information on how we use cookies.


Title of Licence /PermitPurposeRelevant Link to online information on Licence/PermitSection/Agency/Body which issues Licence/Permit
Vehicle Special Permits

To regulate compliance deficiencies in respect of the following Regulations:

  • The Road Traffic (Construction, Equipment and Use of Vehicles) Regulations 1963 to 2011
  •  The Road Traffic (Construction & Use of Vehicles) Regulations 2003 to 2013
  • The Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) Regulations 1963 to 2011

Road Safety Authority - Special Permits

Vehicle Standards Division
Road Safety Authority (RSA),
Moy Valley Business Park
Primrose Hill
Co. Mayo
Tel: +353 96 2500
Email: vehiclestandards@rsa.ie

Veterinary practitioner under the ‘Cascade’-


For the purpose of purchasing animal remedies from the holder of an ‘Animal Remedies Wholesaler’s Licence for use in accordance with Regulation 18 of SI 786 of 2007

Agriculture.gov.ie - Veterinary medicines Forms

Veterinary Medicines Section,
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine,
Backweston Administration Building,
Stacumny Lane,
Co. Kildare 
Tel: +353 1 505 8662

General Contact Details

Visitor Permit

Boats entering the Canal System and staying under 31 days can apply on entry for a free permit. This permit can only be used once every calendar year.

Relevant link:
Waterways Ireland - Permits

Waterways Ireland,
Harbour Rd, Tullamore, Co Offaly.
Tel: +353 57 9373406
Email: inspectorate.athlone@waterwaysireland.org

Visitors LicenceWhere an International Driving Permit of a temporary visitor to the country expires.

 AA - Motoring advice

Automobile Association (AA)
Tel: 0818 227 228